Sevierville, Tennessee offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy such as hiking and camping in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, fishing at Douglas Lake and Little Pigeon River, shopping at Tanger Outlets, and specialty shops. Dollywood, an amusement park and water park that also features live music and theater performances and The Island in Pigeon Forge, offering dining, shopping and entertainment are popular for family fun. The area also boasts a number of farm-to-table restaurants and wineries and breweries where visitors can sample the local flavors. You can also enjoy the natural beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains by taking a scenic drive on the Foothills Parkway for breathtaking views. All in all, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Sevierville, with a wide range of outdoor, shopping and family-friendly activities.
There are several adventure parks in the area offering activities such as zip lining, ropes courses, and rock climbing. Here are a few places where you can experience a thrilling activity:
- Smoky Mountain Ziplines: This company offers a variety of zipline tours including a 6-line tour that takes you through the beautiful Smoky Mountains. They also offer night zipline tours, canopy walks, and more.
- CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains: This company offers a variety of zipline tours including a 9-line tour that takes you through the forest canopy. They also offer an ATV tour and Segway tour to enhance the experience.
- Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park: This park offers a variety of outdoor activities including ziplining, rock climbing, and a ropes course. They also have ATV tours and hiking trails.
- Legacy Mountain Ziplines: This company offers a variety of zipline tours including a 10-line tour that takes you through the forest canopy and offers some of the longest and fastest zipline in the area.
- Adventure Park at Five Oaks: This park offers a variety of outdoor activities including ziplining, horseback riding, mini-golf, and other activities. They offer a course with 10 ziplines, some that are over a quarter-mile long!
Sip and Savor
The region is home to several wineries and breweries offering tastings and tours for visitors. Here are a few:
- Mill Bridge Winery: This winery offers a variety of wines made from grapes grown in the region as well as a tasting room where you can sample their wines.
- Hillside Winery: This winery produces red and white wines made with grapes grown on site as well as fruit wines. They have a tasting room where you can sample their wines and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Smoky Mountain Brewery: This brewery offers a variety of beers including ales, lagers, and seasonal beers. They also have a restaurant where you can enjoy a meal and a pint of their beer.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery: This Distillery offers a variety of flavored moonshines, like their famous apple pie, white lightning and strawberry. They also offer tours of the facility and tastings of their products.
Tee Off in Sevierville
The Sevierville area is home to several golf courses offering challenging and scenic rounds for players of all skill levels. Here are a few options:
- Sevierville Golf Club: This 18-hole golf course offers a challenging and scenic round of golf for players of all skill levels. The course features bentgrass greens, Bermuda fairways, and several water hazards. There is a pro shop and a restaurant on-site.
- Gatlinburg Golf Course: This 18-hole golf course features rolling hills, beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains, and there’s a pro shop and a snack bar on-site.
- Bent Creek Golf: This 18-hole course, par-72 is designed by Gary Player. It boasts 6,818 yards and offers a mix of rolling hills, creeks, and mountain vistas that will test your skills
- The Patriot Golf Course: This 18-hole, par-71 course measures 6,710 yards. The Patriot offers rolling fairways, large undulating greens, and challenging bunkers that will test your golfing abilities.
Relax and Rejuvenate
There are a number of spas and wellness centers in the area offering a variety of treatments and services such as massages, facials, and yoga classes. Here are a few spas and yoga studios in Sevierville, Tennessee:
- The Spa at Riverstone Resort: This spa offers a variety of services including massages, body treatments, and facials. They also have a sauna, whirlpools, and fitness center – providing a full relaxation and wellness experience.
- The Serenity Spa & Fitness Center: This spa offers a variety of services including massages, facials, body treatments, and nail services. They also have a relaxation room, sauna, and hot tub for guests to enjoy.
- Utopia Healing Arts Center: A holistic wellness center that offers a variety of services including massages, acupuncture, Reiki, and other energy work to promote physical and mental wellness.
- Rooted Nomad Yoga: Offering a variety of customizable yoga classes for groups and couples. Provides mats, blocks, and straps and will bring your class to your vacation rental or location of your choosing.
- Mountain Zen Yoga: This yoga studio offers classes for all levels, workshops, and events to promote physical and mental wellness in a peaceful setting.
Experience the Culture
The town is home to several museums and galleries as well as live music and theater performances. Here are a few options:
- Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts: This theater hosts a wide variety of performances throughout the year including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction: This dinner theater features a four-course meal, horse riding tricks, and a musical show which combines elements of country and southern culture.
- The Smoky Mountain Arts and Crafts Community: This community features a variety of workshops and shows for visitors to experience and see the work of local artisans. Visitors can watch artisans work and buy the products made on the spot.
- The Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center: This museum tells the history of the people who lived in the Smoky Mountains with exhibits on the history, culture, and daily life of the early settlers of the region.
- The Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show: This dinner show combines elements of mystery, comedy, and theatre to provide an interactive and entertaining experience.
Savor the Flavors
Sevierville has a thriving culinary scene with a range of dining options including local BBQ joints, breweries, and farm-to-table restaurants. Here are a few restaurant recommendations:
- The Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant: This family-style restaurant is known for its all-you-can-eat Southern-style buffet which includes items such as fried chicken, meatloaf, and biscuits and gravy. They also serve homemade pies for dessert.
- The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe & Grille: This restaurant is located in the Old Mill Square and offers a variety of Southern-style dishes including a famous southern-style skillet cornbread. They also serve several gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
- The Peddler Steakhouse: This steakhouse is known for its large portions and high-quality steaks as well as its variety of seafood and chicken dishes. They also have a wide selection of beers, wine, and cocktails to choose from.
Shop ’til You Drop
Sevierville is home to a number of shopping centers including Tanger Outlets and The Island at Pigeon Forge. Here are a few of the best places to shop in Sevierville:
- Tanger Outlets: This large outlet mall features a wide variety of stores including clothing and shoe retailers, jewelry stores, and home decor shops. Brands like Nike, Brooks Brothers, Coach, Levis, etc can be found here.
- The Island in Pigeon Forge: This shopping and entertainment complex features an indoor ropes course, an arcade, and a variety of shops and restaurants. You can find souvenirs, local hand-crafted items, clothes, jewelry etc.
- The Old Mill Square: This historic area features shops, restaurants, and a working gristmill as well as opportunities to purchase locally made pottery, hand-crafted candles, and other items.
- Sevierville Commons: Located on the parkway (the main street), it’s a great place to find unique boutiques and shops with a wide range of items from clothing, jewelry, art, home decor, etc.
- The Old Mill General Store: This store offers a wide range of items including souvenirs, hand-crafted pottery, jams, jellies, and other locally made food items.
These are just a few of the many shopping options available in Sevierville. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs, clothing, or hand-crafted items, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in this city.
Fun for the Whole Family
Sevierville is home to a number of family-friendly attractions including Dollywood, the Titanic Museum Attraction, and WonderWorks. Here is a list of family-friendly attractions in Sevierville, Tennessee:
- Dollywood: This theme park, owned by Dolly Parton, features rides, live shows, and crafts demonstrations.
- Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction: This dinner theater features a four-course meal, horse riding tricks, and a musical show.
- Tanger Outlets: This outlet mall features a variety of stores including clothing and shoe retailers, jewelry stores, and home decor shops.
- Island at Pigeon Forge: This shopping and entertainment complex features an indoor ropes course, an arcade, and a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show: This dinner show features a comedic retelling of the feud between the Hatfield and McCoy families, complete with music and audience participation.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies: This aquarium features thousands of marine animals including sharks, rays, and seahorses.
- Wonderworks: an amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits that will stimulate the senses, spark the imagination, and challenge the mind.
- Titanic Museum: It’s a replica of the RMS Titanic which has exhibits showcasing the history and legacy of the ship as well as interactive experiences, like the Grand Staircase or the bow of the ship, to take pictures with. You can learn what the life was like on board, see artifacts from the ship, and experience what it was like to be on the deck of the Titanic
These are just a few of the many family-friendly attractions that Sevierville has to offer. I hope you and your family have a great time!
Discover the Great Outdoors
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is located just a short drive from Sevierville, offering endless opportunities for outdoor adventures such as hiking, fishing, and whitewater rafting. Some great hikes include:
- Alum Cave Trail: This moderate to strenuous trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park takes you to the base of Mount LeConte and features beautiful views, historic landmarks, and a stop at Alum Cave, a large bluff that is actually a natural arch.
- Rainbow Falls Trail: This moderate trail in the national park takes you to Rainbow Falls, a beautiful 80-foot tall waterfall. The trail also offers great views of the surrounding mountains.
- The Chimneys Trail: This moderate trail in the national park takes you to a series of rock formations known as The Chimneys, which offer great views of the surrounding area.
- The Gatlinburg Trail: This easy trail in the national park is a great option for families, as it is relatively flat and only about 2 miles round trip. The trail follows an old roadbed and passes through a beautiful forest.
- The Grotto Falls Trail: This moderate trail in the national park takes you to Grotto Falls, a 25-foot tall waterfall that you can walk behind. The trail is only about 2.5 miles round trip and is suitable for most hikers.
- The Ramsey Cascades Trail: This strenuous trail in the national park takes you to Ramsey Cascades, a beautiful 100-foot tall waterfall. The trail is about 8 miles round trip and is not recommended for inexperienced hikers.
- The Little River Trail: This moderate to strenuous trail in the national park takes you along the beautiful Little River, offering great views and the chance to see a variety of plants and animals.
- The Laurel Falls Trail: This moderate trail in the national park takes you to Laurel Falls, an 80-foot tall waterfall that is especially popular in the spring when the wildflowers are in bloom. The trail is about 2.6 miles round trip and is suitable for most hikers.